Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blogging, again

Karen Lynn Ingalls in the studio
It's hard to believe it's been well over a year since my last post.... Fewer posts on this, my art teaching blog, has partly been the result of a change in the schedule of my teaching.

Previously, my acrylic painting and mixed media classes were taught through Napa Valley College Community Education, on a semester basis. We would develop skills over time, and the lessons were based on that – building a foundation, developing skills, and then building on those skills over time, and adjusting them depending on what everyone in the class wanted and needed.

The classes now are four-week long, taught through the Calistoga Art Center, and, since instruction varies based on who is in the classes and what their needs are, which may change each month, it's harder to write a blog that addresses everyone's needs. Well, challenging, anyway.


I do still teach workshops, and I've been writing about them at www.NapaValleyArtWorkshops.com. But I'll be posting here again, too - at least every now and again, about things that come up both for me in the course of my teaching (and my own learning), and for my students in the process of their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment