Sunday, August 29, 2010

Save the dates for Napa Valley Open Studios!


Napa Valley Open Studios offers a great opportunity to meet Napa Valley artists, visit their studios, see what they're working on, and talk with them about their creative processes. (Disclaimer: I am an Open Studios artist, so I'm pretty biased about how great it is!) Now it is only two weeks away....

When I go on Open Studios tours, wherever they are, I like to sit down with the catalog – or look online – and just look at the images, to decide who I want to see. I then see how much time I have (one day? more than one day? One day each on different weekends?), and map out where I want to go.

Napa Valley Open Studios runs from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on September 18 - 19 and 25 - 26. You can find more information, including maps and a downloadable catalog, online at www.napavalleyopenstudios.org, or at Facebook at www.facebook.com/napavalleyopenstudios.

This year, you can find me at the Calistoga Art Center, which is also where I teach art. I'll be sharing the space with Yvonne Henry, this year's Open Studios catalog cover artist. You can visit us both, and see what the Calistoga Art Center is up to, in the same visit. We are Studio #4, at 1336 Lincoln Avenue, in Calistoga.

You can see what I've been painting at www.karenlynningalls.com, and find Yvonne's work at www.whimsyworks.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment